Logo

'96 Intruder 150 Carbs - Plastic Washer for Inlet Needle Seat?

kevinj

Advanced Contributor
Question about the plastic washers for the needle & seat...do I used them or not?

When I rebuilt the carbs on my '96 Intruder 150 I found none of them had the thin plastic washers under the inlet needle seats. When I tried to use the washers in the kit they pitched the float way too high and would have taken a lot of bending to get the float to set at the correct angle. When I assembled the carbs I decided to use the same parts as I had found in them and I left out the washers. These kits always come with multiple gaskets to fit a variety of years and models so I've always just matched up what was in the carb and used those parts. Was leaving them out the right thing or are those washers required? Was I supposed to bend the floats to the correct angle?

The engine is running great after my fuel system maintenance so I don't believe there are any issues. However, if these are needed I'll have to find a source for them because I've already cleaned the garage and pitched the washers that were in the kit. :(

Thanks,
KJ

Back