Logo

Coast Guard warning about E-15 fuel thand to our dim witted president

Ayuh,..... I've been puttin' ethanol free gas in all of my toys for well over the last decade or longer,.....

Used to buy real gas at the indian res. in NY, long before NY decided to allow it,.....

We the people can defeat this mandate by simply refusing to buy 15 % ethanol gas. Older cars cannot use it (for various reasons) so every gas station will be required to also carry the 10% stuff.

If we all stick together and refuse to buy it, the 15% gas will sit in tanks, unsold. and it eventually it will disappear. We can do this!

Jeff

PS: And don't be tricked into thinking its more economical, for even though its price MAY be lower, for your vehicle will get less mpg gallon with it. My old boat went from 9 gph with the old gas to 9.5 gph at the same cruising rpm with 10% ethanol.

E-15 is brought to you by ADM, ConAgra and big agriculture. It's apparently not enough that we pay subsidies to farmers to not grow corn. Refusing to buy it won't make the legislation go away.

Oh, by the way, @Bt Doctor, if you're gonna call someone dim-witted, you should def run a spell check on your statement first.

Coast Guard is just reminding us not to use it, it is an option. Our current President did not make it happen it was already here.

I am a Veteran and a proud American, talkin disrespect about the Commander in chief is not cool or patriotic, you might as well just tell putin himself how dissatisfied you are with America and our Democracy, he loves to demoralize and divide through web forums and social media, get a clue man its 2022 and the world is watching. I def have my own opinions but choose to keep those opinions off the world wide web. Have some respect, proud Americans are on this forum, not all of us are divided with hate and fear, but hey if your legit and have the answers by all means run for the job, after all it is America and you are free to do so.

Coast Guard is just reminding us not to use it, it is an option. Our current President did not make it happen it was already here.

I am a Veteran and a proud American, talkin disrespect about the Commander in chief is not cool or patriotic, you might as well just tell putin himself how dissatisfied you are with America and our Democracy, he loves to demoralize and divide through web forums and social media, get a clue man its 2022 and the world is watching. I def have my own opinions but choose to keep those opinions off the world wide web. Have some respect, proud Americans are on this forum, not all of us are divided with hate and fear, but hey if your legit and have the answers by all means run for the job, after all it is America and you are free to do so.

Ayuh,..... Thank you for yer service,...... But that doesn't change the Fact, that the current regime started a war against energy within hours of dimwit joe bein' sworn into office,....

Fact is I don't want your thanks, I didn't sign up for you ya dimwit, I served my country and it was an honor to do so, besides you have no idea what I did or did not do while I was active, its just a shallow response kind of like " our prayers are with you", after some idiot kills a bunch of kids with a military assault rifle. gimme a break guy, you are clearly a angry reactionist and need to place blame, everything is always changing keep up, or maybe take a trip to the Middle East, North Korea, or Ukraine to give yourself a new prospective. Its pretty comfy here in the USA where you can fiddle around with boat motors and act like you know everything and talk disrespect about your own country, Democracy voted in the President, and Democracy will vote him out, new chance every four years in case you forgot, like I said, your free to run next election if you got the answers. Next time you want to give your thanks to Veteran how about telling Him/her why your thankful.

I was reading this post hoping somebody was going to mention a product to help me reduce/address E-10, E-15, in my boat, i.e a suggested solution. Guess not.

I was reading this post hoping somebody was going to mention a product to help me reduce/address E-10, E-15, in my boat, i.e a suggested solution. Guess not.
the best solution is to find ethanol free gas for your boat, dont use anything with more than 10% ethanol in it. I have yet to have an issue with E10, but tend to burn through it quickly and treat with stabil over winter layup

out of convenience i fill out boat (37 gal tank) which is lift kept at the marina a couple miles up the lake and get ethanol free directly from the pump. The jetski (12 or so gal tank ) i usually dont take that far so just fill cans at the gas station with E10. Never had any issue with either from a fuel standpoint.

Last edited:
Ya I do the same. I try to remember to add a gas treatment that remove/combines with ethanol to both the boat and my ski (waverunner). I do the same for small engines. The gas treatment can get very expensive and wonder if the $10/pint is any better then the $50/pint. This the reason I ask.

I absolutely stay away from putting ANY fuel with ethanol in the boat tank, regardless of stabilizers. I made that mistake several summers ago, and after it sat for the winter, my 4.3 just wouldn't run right on it. Ended up pumping it out of the tank and burning it in my truck. Since then, nothing but ethanol free in my tank. Problem solved.

Back