Logo

235 evinrude year

oil driver

Contributing Member
I have an Evinrude 235 with a Johnson cover. I tried looking up the year on the chart. My model # is E235TRXC. The serial # is J0001671. I think it is a 1980 because of the C. The #s I looked at have an additional digit after the C, which would mean 81,82,or 83. The tilt trim is 2 wire. Can somebody give me a definitive year please? Thanks.

The 235 was marketed from 1980 to 1985.----Have a look at the engine block.-----There might be a disc with another model #.

Or post picture of the model # plate.-----And a few pictures of the powerhead.------Something is not right with model #

I looked at the block and couldn't see another model #. I haven't taken any pics, but I will tomorrow. Am I correct thinking that parts will be the same from 80-85? I did a compression test and got 75 on all 6. It has been sitting in storage for several years according to the seller, who thought it was a smaller motor to go on his 16' Boston Whaler. It came with a gem of a stand, so if it turns out to be ahoney, then all I need is asecond job to pay for the gas. I started it and it ran a little hot and leaked some fuel, but I think it will be good with a new water pump ,thermostats, and rebuilt carbs. Thanks for the response.

Back