Logo

Water in fuel return line 79 Johnson 115 v4

Carmatrixtech

Not sure where the water is coming fro
I saw it in the cylinder head so I did the head gaskets but it was still spitting a grey watery mix out of the fuel return line. Anyone have anu knowledge they want to lend about the possible causes

I tried load some pictures it would not let me from my phone so the v4 design is the head are back of the motor and carbs on the opposite side the fuel return line is on the bottom of the motor on the carbs side it’s about 4” long and plugs into the carb intake manifold. I also noticed the head side that had water in it is pretty hot to touch. After did the head gaskets

I do not believe that is a fuel return line !----Did you install a new impeller ?-----Are water deflectors in place ?-----Head gasket can only be installed one way as per directions on a new gasket.

I never did a impeller I saw one with The parts that came with the boat I will check it. I will have to check the water deflectors not sure what they are but with a little research I can check them. What might this line be I can’t find any info on it. It also only seems to leak when cranking over but not running. I also only got it to run for about 5 mins then shut it down now won’t turn over gonna pull the heads again and see if there’s still water.

Back