Logo

Mercury 90 elpt 4 stroke 2000 yr.

Mikey N.C.

Advanced Contributor
Motor sat for who no's how long, rebuilt carbs. Haven't synced yet with vacuum gauges (vac-mate) . Motor is waste fire , 2 coils for 4 cylinders.
Charge stator is good with dva, reg/rect. Is good. We don't see very many of these motors. Crank position sensors ( port w/r wire , starboard w/bk)
I'm getting the 2.3-4.5 volts from w/bk but not w/r crank sensor. Manual says if shift interrupt switch is bad you lose fire on 1-4 cylinders, I've tested
**** interrupt for the 75-90 HP which is different from the 115 and higher HP
Button in continuity, out none. Shift interrupt switch has 2 w/r wires to one side and black to other. One w/r goes to ECM other w/r straight to port side crank position sensor. Through connectors. Top plug to ecm b/o has 165-180 volts with dva that goes to top coil 1-4 cyl. Bk/w coming out of that ecm
has 0 volts ( going to 2-3 coil) if I unplug bk wire from shift interrupt switch,
Then I have voltage at BK/w , but not what's called for. Only about 20 volts.
I have test stator /crank position sensors , and a ecm that is good. And no change, I have the 4.5-5.6 volts from TPS. Thermoelectric on the carbs , ohm out good. Has anyone seen this? What am I missing? Please and help would be appreciated. Being we are not a Mercury dealer , Mercury want help. THANKS.

Ot102415 number 2-3 coil, but not a coil problem, w/r doesn't have low voltage from pulser crank position sensor On port side

Update, guys, fixed it , 3 weeks ago, the 4 carbs all have a 3/32 -5-32 , vent hose coming from each carb. That connects to a 1/8-1/4 hose that goes down to bottom of cowling to vent.
Guess what dirt dobber wouldn't let carbs vent. Bam. I thought all carb vents went in side cowling, individual. No

Back