Logo

Honda 225 BF 2004 Not passing over 3200 rpm .

Tomaso

I have had a Honda 225 on a 23 ft proline for a couple of years. Never had this issue before. Boat base always run perfect with 4 passengers. Actually I’d even run better because it like having Weight in the front.
From one they to another the engine wouldn’t do more then 3000rpm. Cruising at 12 knots and not being able to do more then that.
it run like that for a while till one day it just started running again to 4000 rpm cruising at 23 knots.
Run like that let’s say 60 hours of use.
one day another time came back to not developing more then 3000rpm.
Thinking it was a gas problem, change all the filters clean the injectors have had scan the engine, there is more gas passing trough the gas pump then normal burning more full then normal.
So that actually gave us the idea it was dirty injectors.
But like I said before, cleaning them didn’t to any diference.
starting to think it may be a electric problem but have no idea of what it coul be.

I assume that you have drained the VST. Correct?

Check your throttle cables. Sometimes they can come loose, especially at the top rotor, and cause the problem you are describing. If you have the Helm Shop Manual, look at pages 3-18 thru 3-21 for the procedure for adjusting them. If you don't have the shop manual, send an e-mail to me and I will return those 4 pages. Too big to upload here. My e-mail is: [email protected].

Another possibility is that you have a partial clog in your fuel tank vent. Loosen the fuel filler cap and see if the problem goes away.

Yet another possibility is that you have dirt in the bottom of your fuel tank and sometimes it will partially clog the pick-up screen on the bottom of your fuel line. Other times, the sloshing fuel will clear the pick-up screen. When the problem occurs, feel your primer bulb. If it is partially collapsed, one of the above will likely be your problem.

Back