Logo

New Suzuki 115 Slow

kwpatriot

I have a 2004 Kenner 1800 Vision weighing 1100lbs. I had a Mercury Optimax 90 on it that pushed it 45mph. I just repowered it with a 2022 Suzuki 115 4 stroke with a 14x20 prop and it tops out at 40mph at 6000rpms. The motor is only 52 pounds heavier than the optimax. What gives?

Is it 6000 RPM with a full load ?-----I think you need more pitch on the prop.--------You are measuring speed with GPS ?----Pitot tube on the hull ?-----Was it the pitot set up on the Mercury lower unit >-----Is it the pitot tube set up on the Suzuki lower unit ?-----It all makes a difference.

Is it 6000 RPM with a full load ?-----I think you need more pitch on the prop.--------You are measuring speed with GPS ?----Pitot tube on the hull ?-----Was it the pitot set up on the Mercury lower unit >-----Is it the pitot tube set up on the Suzuki lower unit ?-----It all makes a difference.

Finally got it back from the dealer and it was still stuttering and shutting down on WOT. I found that the fuel line going into the engine was loose and leaking. This was a brand new install and the dealer f'up. They did raise the motor 1 bolt hole and i gained 1mph. The plate is still not skimming as it should.

Back