Logo

2007 BF225 died while running won't restart now no alarms thinking fuel delivery issue

jboulukos

I have twin BF225 on an everglades, was out fishing yesterday both engines were running I went to go move to make another drift was just after getting on plane i lost 1 engine no alarm or anything. I tried to restart turned over but had nothing, I removed cowling the LP fuel filter canister appeared to have a little bit of air 3/4 full of fuel, I pumped it back up with primer ball, gets hard, tried to start still nothing. Tried starting will pumping ball still nothing. When you cycle the key HP fuel pump does come one, It doesn't sound as healthy as my engine that works has a different noise to it when it cycles on. Not sure if its always sounded like that or that's new never listened that closely in the past. I ran 3 hours at 8 knots on 1 engine only have 1 tank, don't think fuel is the issue, all new Recors, LP and HP filters were just done engines have less then 6 hours since those where done. I didn't drain the VST Tanks. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated Thank You!

Check your kill switch. Disconnect the wiring to it.
Check your fuses. Don't just look at them. Pull them and test for resistance across the spades.
Thoroughly check your fuel lines for crimps. Especially check where the fuel line enters the engine compartment - on both sides of the big black round grommet.

Check your kill switch. Disconnect the wiring to it.
Check your fuses. Don't just look at them. Pull them and test for resistance across the spades.
Thoroughly check your fuel lines for crimps. Especially check where the fuel line enters the engine compartment - on both sides of the big black round grommet.

Thank you for the suggestions, I checked fuses they’re all good
I checked fuel line they are clear to LP filter
Checked the kill switch that was good. When you go to start it does make a hissing sound, could post a video but not sure if you can do that?

Expand on what you mean by "hissing noise." Does the engine actually crank?

The next to last box to the left, above, allows you to upload a video.

Check to see if you have spark. What is your serial number? Motors up to 1400879 had main relay problems causing engine to stop running

Check to see if you have spark. What is your serial number? Motors up to 1400879 had main relay problems causing engine to stop running

I didn't check that figured cause it was running when it died was more fuel related. its 2007 BAGJ 1500279
Not sure of video will work.

I'm thinking may the HP fuel pump even though it makes a noise is bad, I cracked the HP fuel filter sand tried to start it and no fuel came out. I've checked fuel flow to LP seems clear with primer ball. with key on should LP fuel pump be pulling fuel?

Here is video[video]https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcvws.icloud-content.com%2FB%2FAY6rzZrBw_gTwXx73gkj-wqTSlk5AWjEOUEZTOrhc9jKJafCg7s8DOBh%2F%24%7Bf%7D%3 Fo%3DAv46uBntytCbc6vXlhaZkqyp6UhpMNd61eoKrRcGB-wP%26v%3D1%26x%3D3%26a%3DCAoghWgyNwRk3usgs3DzOs4_G 7lf4mW1cMM9lPc4dS2SHTkSdhC7wr27jTAYu9K4j5cwIgEAKgk C6AMA_zlD7GRSBJNKWTlaBDwM4GFqJTTldl9IbzZ1UGPSOSKa3 pooVFxxzVNwXPBRMLikz11XIRZ_U3FyJSV__C98SPdHWU7X-uF1P4rWy6Qa0XwJkqKDwD86KQRCQAWC4k0%26e%3D165547384 2%26fl%3D%26r%3D9C292D3E-620C-43B0-BE37-D1622761491E-1%26k%3D%24%7Buk%7D%26ckc%3Dcom.apple.largeattachm ent%26ckz%3D70BC5875-86D6-40E6-BD0F-5E1714F17CD0%26p%3D27%26s%3D2lk543Yx3RLxPsL0xxt1SD MCeUU&uk=y4fETKtsSlzEmFORB95-9Q&f=IMG_6341.MOV&sz=50326232[/video]

The link to the video did not work.

Pull the fuel pump and bench test it. When you re-install, or install a new one, be sure to install a new insulator.

Low pressue pump is mechanical and only pumps when engine is turning. Fuel should spray out of fuel pressure check bolt when the ingition is turned on.

I put the HP fuel pump in it started at the dock ran fine i took it out ran it now issues this was Wednesday, came back Friday tried starting it didn’t start. Took the vst hp fuel pump again changed the float valve have a new insulator hooked it all back up and Didn’t start im getting fuel to the vst tank its full but the pump isn’t pulling any fuel out of the vst i have nothing in the HP fuel filter area.
Any suggestions?

Is the fuel pump running when you turn on the ignition. If not, you will have to check the 12v supply to the pump. I'm still thinking main relay, it was a fairly common problem but wouldn't replace it without a proper diagnosis.

Yes fuel pump was running always, I ended up bench testing it in fluid and found that it would only pump thru the small hole on the top of Pump. I found a thread on here where a member had a similar issue he change the Pressure regulator, so I did as well have used the boat twice since then still running. I'll keep my fingers crossed that was the issue. I'm guessing there is some sort of pressure relief valve in these HP fuel pumps that pops so that they can run and not get hot in submerged gas? Does anyone know once this happens are the pumps garbage or can they be fixed?

Back