Logo

1992 9.9 carb ball where can I find one??

Nealdalton9

I know I can buy the kit for it for an outrageous 160$ on https://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=MER1395-96481 but I already have the rebuild kit and didn’t want to pay that much just for the ball bearing. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere else that I can buy the ball for less? I just bought the motor and was planning to do a full tune up and cleaning and I was rebuilding the carb and noticed it don’t have that ball bearing in the fuel primer valve that what I understand keeps the engine from flooding. And to answer any questions yes it does run but it won’t idle and I’m almost positive that’s why. Or if anyone has a dead motor I will buy that ball bearing or the whole carb assembly just pm me. Thanks fellow boaters.

Edit: or if anyone knows the size of the ball bearing I could just get that. I know it’s smaller than an air soft bb. Don’t ask how I know lmao ��

NAPA...Just Google em

Google what? Don’t you think I tried every possible option before making a thread about where or how to find it. All I get is the kits that are over priced just to have that ball bearing. If I knew the size I’d just order that size ball bearing but I don’t know cause nobody has ever discussed it. If anyone has a repair manual it might have it on there the dimensions of the ball.

Back