Logo

Merc Dry Joint elbow bolts

sandkicker

Outstanding Contributor
Are the hold down bolts P/N 10-864665 for the subject elbows reusable? My usual source is on Back Order and our sponsor apparently is out of stock as well.. Also source for the block off gaskets for this elbow to manifold junction for a FWC application?

Are the hold down bolts P/N 10-864665 for the subject elbows reusable? My usual source is on Back Order and our sponsor apparently is out of stock as well.. Also source for the block off gaskets for this elbow to manifold junction for a FWC application?
Bolts I would have no issue re-using, gaskets not so would need new.

Usually have good luck googling the part number - usually comes up with all aftermarkets cross overs etc

Agree on ordering from our sponsor but these look to be in stock https://www.michiganmotorz.com/mercruiser-dry-joint-exhaust-riser-gasket-block-off

Last edited:
Thanks Dieter...

BTW.... is there an inspectable failure point on dry joint manifolds when removed from engine????

Thanks Dieter...

BTW.... is there an inspectable failure point on dry joint manifolds when removed from engine????
I think only look for water on inside or fill jacket with acetone which wicks through cracks more easily than water. The separation between water and exhaust passages is significant so unless it was leaking to the outside and corroding the sealing surface around water ports i cant see much of an issue beyond visual inspection .

Back