Logo

2000 Johnson 35hp bj35pl3eem

Curiousgeorge

Hi everyone…I’m new to this forum so please be patient! …can anyone tell me what this connection is for…the one on the front of the cdi on the right hand side with the red/white wire and brown wire going into it. I bought the motor from a deceased estate not running and have purchased a new arieltek cdi but noticed there is no other connection that this plugs into! I thought it might be for another set up ie manual start or something. Mine is electric start with forward controls. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I’m dying to get it running…thanks in advance..Lee. Ps I’ve been trying to attach a pic but having trouble. I’m clicking on manage attachments but nothing happens.

Is the oil tank / automatic mixer still installed on this motor ?
Hi there and thanks for taking the time to reply… no the mixer isn’t connected. I’ve been looking at pics of same motor with pull start and wondering if this wire is related to that. It seems to me that the loom caters for pull start and electric start so this connection might not be needed for electric start.

The oil tank had a sensor for low oil in the tank.------Perhaps that was it.-----That oil mixer in " mickey mouse " good that it was removed.----Why did you spring for a new CDI unit ?-----Did that item resolve the not starting issue.------Install a new water pump impeller before launching the boat.

The oil tank had a sensor for low oil in the tank.------Perhaps that was it.-----That oil mixer in " mickey mouse " good that it was removed.----Why did you spring for a new CDI unit ?-----Did that item resolve the not starting issue.------Install a new water pump impeller before launching the boat.
Hi again…I had no spark so peak tested stator and that was ok. Tested cdi and no reading at the three coil leads. I’ve been looking at Crowley marine diagrams and noticed the electric start models have a wire from under flywheel to the rectifier. But the pull start model doesn’t (no rectifier). I’m wondering if that’s why the plug is there maybe one look for the two different models?? Or you could be right about the oil sensor, but the red wire comes from the cdi.

Back