Logo

problem connection fuel line to parts

Joecffv

can anyone explain how to connect the fuel line with the brass fitting on each end to the carburetor and fuel pump ? I have the fuel line but I think I must need extra brass fittings to screw into the carb and pump and then those screw onto the brass fitting of the fuel line. If that i understandable.

Thank you for your interest
not so much the motor as how to connect the rubber line and its' threaded fittings. i might be able to screw in first the connection to the carburetor but how would i screw in the other end with the L shaped brass fitting. I guess i could disconnect both the fuel pump and the carburetorthumbnail (4).jpgthumbnail (11).jpg and then connect the hose, by screwing them into the line, then put those two items back onto the motor but that seems crazy. iwould think there is a brass fitting that would screw into the pump and carb with a nut that would then thread into the hose fitting. thanks for looking

Remove the fuel pump and replace diaphragm/gaskets with new,screw in the fuel line 'til it's tight (use sealant for gas lines) remove carb top (have you set the float and levers?) and screw in the line, replace pump and top. Any work done on pump and carb in future only needs one connection removed and the fuel inlet has the removable fitting.

Last edited:
I was hoping there were other options, like brass fitting that would connect it all together. I am not an experienced outboard tinkerer lol. thank you.
I was also wondering if I should use some kind of sealant on the connections. I'm surprised it was not recommended to me when I bought the gas lines.
appreciate your taking the time to look and answer

Additional question would brass automotive break line parts work as connection fittings? I really hate to get this more torn apart than it already is if i don't have too
thank you

Back