Logo

Carb jetting question on a Mariner 150hp 2 stroke

BKR

I will spare the details, but been working on jetting for my altitude of around 4000'. I have a 1987 Mariner 2 liter 150hp 2 stroke. What does the Merc/Mariner manual show for the stock fuel jet size I'm assuming 80? What is the stock air jet size? By trial and error I have leaned the fuel jet down to a 76 & air jet I have increased to a 58 which is bigger than I started. I have had positive results so far, but before I go much further I want to find out what the manual says for sea level and higher elevation if they have such. My boat mechanic friend is out of town for a week otherwise I'd ask him. Thanks!

What the WH number on em? Only a few of the 150 had da small venturi carbs that used 80's. Here is da chart. I would do a plug check as they run great on the edge of lean.....
jetchart.JPG

Last edited:
Thank You! Exactly what I was looking for and yes for sure on the plug check. Any suggestions or what you have seen on the air jet sizes and of course each boat is different etc. I have shaved heads with pressure around 148-150. That was a great improvement!

Back