Logo

Justmeabe

Justmeabe

Have a 1990 115 hp mariner 4 stoke outboard with a stator part # 398-9710A15. Can someone tell me what the ohms readings should be to tell if it is good or bad? I’m having firing issues on two cylinders. Ordered the trigger thinking of the stator were bad all cylinders would have no spark instead of just two. Any thoughts? Or should I just replace both trigger and stator? Thanks.

Yes sir. I’ve done extensive testing. I can get the motor to start but it runs on only on two cylinders misses like crazy only stays running throttled up over 2000 rpms.
My unanswered question is if I’m only getting spark to the two bottom cylinders would it make sense that the trigger is the problem? I’m thinking if the stator would be the problem none of the cylinders would get spark? Already verified the electrical box is good. Thanks for your reply.

Yes sir. I’ve done extensive testing. I can get the motor to start but it runs on only on two cylinders misses like crazy only stays running throttled up over 2000 rpms.
My unanswered question is if I’m only getting spark to the two bottom cylinders would it make sense that the trigger is the problem? I’m thinking if the stator would be the problem none of the cylinders would get spark? Already verified the electrical box is good. Thanks for your reply.
I am lost. You need the factory manual and do the correct testing.

Back