Logo

Honda BF50D High Pressure Fuel filter Fitting

Hi,

Have removed my HP fuel filter and cannot remember which end goes toward the VST. The filter has a seal and i am not sure which way it goes as it can fit both ways. The spring is in the same position as when the filter was removed. I am not sure if the filter seal should press against the spring or does it go round the other way? Would be so pleased if someone could tell me. I have fitted the new o ring.

Cheers

Based on this I'm going to say the spring goes against the metal face on the inside, and the open end should face you when putting the cover on.

https://peparts.honda.com/marine#/browse/me/bf/bf50/BF50DK4-LRTA

Thank you so much for your reply. I will be able to go ahead and fit the filter now knowing that it is facing the correct way. A lesson learned by me to pay more attention when removing parts. Was concentrating on not wanting to loose the spring when I was removing the filter but thanks again for taking the time to help.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will be able to go ahead and fit the filter now knowing that it is facing the correct way. A lesson learned by me to pay more attention when removing parts. Was concentrating on not wanting to loose the spring when I was removing the filter but thanks again for taking the time to help.

No problem. For your future ref, cartridge filters like that are typically dirty on the outside diameter and clean on the inside diameter. So, seeing the high pressure output nipple being fed from the center hole in the cover, that supports facing the hole to the outside.

Fair winds my friend... But, since we have engines I guess following seas matters more ;)

Back