Logo

Riser hose slightly pinched.....concern??

CrazyCharlie

Hi guys!!! New to me preowned 5.0 vortec rwc with alpha drive.I will try to post a few pics .The port side riser hose is pressed against a lift plate at a hose turn.A very capable auto tech saw it and told me to cut the hose at the pinch and add a small section of rigid pipe at the turn to eliminate the slight pinch.I am about to cut the hose and thought I would put it out there prior to cutting.I dont want any restrictions in water flow at all.What do you all think?? Charlie
.riser hose.jpgriser hose1.jpg

First off the lift plate is not supposed to be there. That is the source of you problem. remove that and the problem goes away. And a new exact replacement hose!

Never take an AUTO Mechanics advice for Marine on most things..........Not saying they dont understand engines, carbs...etc. but they may not understand the cooling systems and such....

I would advise you to remove that lift bracket and either get the correct shaped hose from our hosts or use a bit of Shields Flex II marine wet exhaust hose with proper double clamps (AWAB brand or equivalent) on each end. Those cheapo hose clamps you have there will cut into your hose when sufficiently tightened. The good ones don't.
While you probably don't have plans to lift the engine out any time soon, you can always re install that bracket if that becomes necessary.

Thanks guys.Like I stated ,the motor though not new is new to me as of last season.The hose looks to be the correct hose especially if that bracket was not present.
Will look into removal .Just curious if anyone thought the hose was restricted enough for concern?? Charlie

Back