Logo

Milkshake from BF130

occh

Contributing Member
I obviously have water intrusion in my gear case oil because when I drained it she came out like a milkshake. Looking for advice on what I should change out as far as seals go. Prop shaft is the one that immediately comes to mind , but I know there must be more.
thanks in advance

I obviously have water intrusion in my gear case oil because when I drained it she came out like a milkshake. Looking for advice on what I should change out as far as seals go. Prop shaft is the one that immediately comes to mind , but I know there must be more.
thanks in advance

The way I see it is if you're going to do the prop shaft, you might just as well do them all. There are quite a few seals and gasket's you'll need. I'd suggest you start here:
https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/outboard/130hp

And after selecting your year/model, go here: "Water Pump + Vertical Shaft"

And here: "Propeller Shaft"

To find all of the necessary gaskets, seals, and O-rings.

I had this happen, the colour was more tan than white and no actual water came out separately/first. I installed new fill and drain washers and all was fine. I’d pressure check it and go from there.

Easy stuff first makes perfect sense. I know what I use to do this is a conglomeration of "stuff". Anyone have a line on something economical that our OP might use? I took a quick look, didn't find anything that wasn't sort of expensive.

On the BF200, water in gear case can be from 5 points: Propeller Shaft 91252-ZZ3-003, Main Vertical Shaft 91251-ZY3-C01, Shift Shaft 91254-ZY3-003, Oil Fill Port & Oil Drain Port 91301-ZW4-003. These oring and seal part numbers are for the BF200, look them up and cross reference the drawings with your BF130. Hopefully may help...

Thanks a lot for all the help, great info that I will screen shot. I have to do my water pump this season too and I am in the process of moving so I brought my boat to the Honda shop that I trust and let will let them have at it.
thanks again

Back