Logo

Disintegrated Gimbal Bearing!

OMCCobraKai

Hi Guys, I'm relatively new here and I'm hoping someone might have the answer :)

I have an OMC Cobra Model 504APWXS and didn't realize how poorly maintained the drive system was by the previous owner (my dad....lol). So the gimbal bearing rusted out so badly that it literally disintegrated... The u-drive is VERY badly rusted as well and needs to be replaced. So I'm doing the whole shebang at once.

All that remains is the bearing housing left behind in the gimbal plate and I'm not sure how best to remove the damaged bearing housing. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get it removed? I'm in the process of ordering a replacement u-drive and and have ordered a full set of transom seal replacements and bearings.

Many thanks for your help!

Blessings,
David

All that remains is the bearing housing left behind in the gimbal plate and I'm not sure how best to remove the damaged bearing housing. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get it removed?

Ayuh,..... You can either rig a slide hammer puller to it, or pull the motor, 'n beat it out from the inside,.....

Back