Logo

Yamaha 2stroke 150hp trim senders

Gary.D

Hello. New hear and first post. I seem to have a pair of unique engines!

They are 1996 150hp 2stroke that were supplied new to Gulf Craft in the UAE. Didn’t have direct 2 stroke oil injection but are pre mix. Using the engine serial numbers on the engine plate any part that should fit doesn’t.

I need 2 trim senders and none look anything like the ones I’ve removed.

it’s been the same with relays and power trim motor. Had to buy on appearance/measurements. The trim senders have me stumped.

Any suggestions or advice greatly welcomed.

What is the engine ID of each motor? Begins with the number 6.
Thank you for response. The identification is missing on the port engine but the starboard says: 150EAT 6G4 702152 X. I did buy one based on all the info and it was completely different to the one removed. The 2 holes wouldn’t line up and the lever arm was a different shape length. Both engines were supplied at the same time.

Looks to be the equivalent of a 1996 USA model C150TXRU. Sender part number is 6R3-83672-01-00.

Does it look like this one?

Look at your CDI assembly. Is it marked with 6G6 -00?

If you want to see a parts breakdown for a C150TXRU you can do that at www.yamahaoutboards.com. Click on the "Owner Center" button. Then on the "outboard parts" button. Follow the steps from there to get to the C150TXRU model.

Thanks for that. The three wires and connectors are right but the arm may still be a bit longer. Trying to load a photo of mine but failing. Clicked on photo emblem above. Found photo and added but won’t seem to upload to post.

I've looked at other images of that part number and its not right. The arm is to long and on mine the 2 fixing holes are almost parallel where as this part is more of a V. I will look for the number on the CDI unit tomorrow and report back In the meantime many thanks for your help

Ahh. That explains it. Thank you.

more info:
The number on the CDI is 6G6 then a serial number. On the inside of the plastic cover is 6R3.

On the transom engine bracket is the mark 6E5 then another serial number I think.

Serial number? From where did you come up with this?

The number after the 6G6 is not a serial number. It is the dash number component of the part number. What is the number?

Why are you posting superfluous information?

Serial number? From where did you come up with this?

The number after the 6G6 is not a serial number. It is the dash number component of the part number. What is the number?

Why are you posting superfluous information?

I’m posting information that may help you in helping me!!

the numbers on CDI after 6G6 are 00-6221

I’m posting information that may help you in helping me!!

the numbers on CDI after 6G6 are 00-6221

If one cannot find the alternate ID label on the block, then the only numbers/letters that might help are those on the CDI assembly and those on the carburetors. Anything else will send someone down the rabbit hole.

A 1996 C150TXRU uses CDI assembly part number 6G6-85540-00-00. Which further leads me to believe that your motor is the equivalent.

It is possible that someone ahead of you installed the wrong trim senders. Which may fool you into thinking that the corrects ones are wrong because they don't look the same.

If one cannot find the alternate ID label on the block, then the only numbers/letters that might help are those on the CDI assembly and those on the carburetors. Anything else will send someone down the rabbit hole.

A 1996 C150TXRU uses CDI assembly part number 6G6-85540-00-00. Which further leads me to believe that your motor is the equivalent.

It is possible that someone ahead of you installed the wrong trim senders. Which may fool you into thinking that the corrects ones are wrong because they don't look the same.

I’m almost certain they are the original senders from known history of ownership. Only 2 previous owners.

The sender I bought is actually the part number for the above engine. Definitely doesn’t fit. Thank you anyway for your attempt to help me.

Back