Logo

1970s 90hp outboard problem

Kbrown12346

I have a 70s model 90hp Chrysler magnapower. The motor will run perfect.y fine for 20-30 minutes then start to loose power and stall out then wont start for another 5-10 minutes. Does anyone know why it might be doing this?

What do you mean by-----" can't even cross the solenoid " ---when it shuts off ?-------Explain in more detail how the motor shuts off.-----Perhaps there is an issue with leaks on the fuel system.-----Vent blocked on the fuel tank.-----Fuel pump problems.-----Carburetor flooding.----Poor battery connections.

You can run the boat for maybe 20 minutes then it would lose power then shut off. When you try to turn the key it won’t do anything at all so I though maybe it was just a ignition problem so I tried to cross the cylonoid and it still wouldn’t do anything like it has now power to the starter cylonoid at all but if you let it set for 5-10 minutes it will start right back up like nothing happened for another 20-30 minutes then it will do it again

First test the overheat alarm system.
Key on then ground the temp sensor(on the head), that should make the buzzer/horn sound off.
I have a heat gun that is part of my tool kit. $16

Back