Logo

Help, cannot find identification for this Evinrude Tracker 40. Need year to order water pump

It is an 89 model or newer.------Water pump kit is the same for 89 models to 2005 models.----A 1988 kit does not work.

Last edited:
It is an 89 model or newer.------Water pump kit is the same for 89 models to 2005 models.----A 1988 kit does not work.

Okay, great! Do you know what the model might be in case I need other parts? It's frustrating to not know what I have. I'd have thought they would stamp the model and serial, not just put it on a label that can be removed.

Your location ?----Contact the Tracker boat company ???------Agreed-----Those laser printed labels are a joke.----Some states require titles for outboards and they let Mercury / OMC and others put mickey mouse labels on a $20,000 motor.-------If you remove the lower unit post a picture of the TOP of the driveshaft.------Will identify an 89 to 92 model as they used a smaller diameter spline.----Do a compression test on this motor before you spend your beer tokens on it.----Test your overheat warning horn.

Last edited:
Oh, so Tracker means it was originally on that brand of boat? I didn't know that. It seems to run pretty well. Idles rough but I don't know what gas is in the tank. It's deleted. I ordered the water pump kit so as soon as I get the lower unit off I will post. Thanks for helping.

Your location ?----Contact the Tracker boat company ???------Agreed-----Those laser printed labels are a joke.----Some states require titles for outboards and they let Mercury / OMC and others put mickey mouse labels on a $20,000 motor.-------If you remove the lower unit post a picture of the TOP of the driveshaft.------Will identify an 89 to 92 model as they used a smaller diameter spline.----Do a compression test on this motor before you spend your beer tokens on it.----Test your overheat warning horn.

Woohoo! I found the tag with the help of mineral spirits! It had been spray painted over but the paint wiped off and the tag is readable! It's a TE40ELEIA, so it's a '91.

Last edited:
Back