Logo

Couple of 2022 Suzuki 9.9 HP DF9.9BES4 questions

BRUPP79

Regular Contributor
Howdy howdy. I mostly hide over on the Johnson side of the forum. But I have been looking at new outboards. This Suzuki caught my eye. I like the electric start, short shaft and the 9.9-15hp range. However the 15's in this combo seem sold out. A 9.9 will suit my needs fine, but would prefer a 15. Maybe too soon to know, but did Suzuki change anything that would prevent the 15hp upgrade on the 2022 models? I watched a few video's and have been reading quite a few guys swapped out the intake restrictor and ECU and then had a 15hp or 20hp. I will keep looking for a 15hp, they will show up, but in the mean time if I bought a 9.9 knowing a parts swap was all that is needed in the future I would do it. Thanks again.

Howdy howdy. I mostly hide over on the Johnson side of the forum. But I have been looking at new outboards. This Suzuki caught my eye. I like the electric start, short shaft and the 9.9-15hp range. However the 15's in this combo seem sold out. A 9.9 will suit my needs fine, but would prefer a 15. Maybe too soon to know, but did Suzuki change anything that would prevent the 15hp upgrade on the 2022 models? I watched a few video's and have been reading quite a few guys swapped out the intake restrictor and ECU and then had a 15hp or 20hp. I will keep looking for a 15hp, they will show up, but in the mean time if I bought a 9.9 knowing a parts swap was all that is needed in the future I would do it. Thanks again.
Cant help with the HP upgrade but I can recommend the motor. I bought the 15HP electric start two years ago am am very pleased. Love pushing that button and having my engine start right up. Also like the fuel injection. No more carbs for me.

Hello Bob, thanks for the responce. I made the purchace, should be to my door tomarrow. I did a bit of searching on the 2021 and older models on the upgrade. Will wait till after to check this one out. Either way, i will have a great new motor.:cool:

Hey Bob. Just received my new 9.9 today. Oiled it up and primed the fuel and it fired up in 4 pulls! Quiet, smooth and just what I wanted. Great machine!

Hey Bob. Just received my new 9.9 today. Oiled it up and primed the fuel and it fired up in 4 pulls! Quiet, smooth and just what I wanted. Great machine!
Fantastic! Glad you got your motor and good luck on the water! It is such a blessing to get out on the river and know my motor is going to start and get me home!

Back