Logo

Sea Bird Trailer

Johnjx7

Does anyone have information on Sea Bird trailers. Are they still in business, where they are located, contact information if they are still in business. I have a Sea Bird trailer and the information sticker is missing. I have no title and cannot find a vin or serial number stamped on the frame. Cannot get title or plates here in Illinois without it. Trailer came from Wisconsin where they do not need titles or plates. Currently out of luck getting this trailer registerd in Illinois. Thought about going the homebuilt way but you have to certify that it is homebuilt and not made by a manufacturer.
If you have any info on Sea Bird boat trailers or picture of a name plate/sticker it could help me in my registration on the trailer

Ayuh,.... Paint it, 'n call it homemade,.....
Or,....
License it in Wis. 'n transfer it to Ill....

I'd do the homemade,.... All of my trailers are, 'n none have ever been checked, 'n none have ever been questioned by a cop,....

2x on what Bondo suggests...on the east coast, LOTS of people register their trailers in Maine...may be worth some research on that topic...

Back