Logo

86 DT150 alarm codes

I have an 86 model DT150. Not everytime, but most of the time, when I crank it, an alarm goes off in my remote box and the engine goes into limp mode. I've bought two different manuals and neither one have a list of the alarm codes. Does anyone have a list of the codes for that model year. It's sounds to me like it's giving a 2-1 code. Like two long one short. Please someone has got to help me out. Please

When I purchased my Suzuki it was recommended to me to stay away from the after market service manuals. Stick with genuine OEM, the aftermarket manuals are often missing wiring diagrams and more importantly specifications that pertain to your particular engine. I’d strongly suggest you get an OEM manual. All the test procedures that you will need are there and are explained in detail.

What IF you’re reading the code wrong and it’s a 1-2 code Shift Position Sensor. I’ve never had any alarms on my engine yet so I don’t know how easily it would be to read them wrong. Both codes would put the engine in fail save mode. My service manual is for a 2009 DF model not a DT model so I’m reluctant to give too much advice from my service manual seeing that my manual is 23 years newer and for a 4 stroke.

Im saying its a 2-1 code. Its makes a regular beeep beeeep, and then a little short half beep. The last beep sounds like its cuts off halfway. Im just assuming thats a 2-1 code. But ive run this motor twice since i had it. So if the throttle position sensor was bad wouldnt it just be bad. Or could it have intermittent service. Idk.

Im saying its a 2-1 code. Its makes a regular beeep beeeep, and then a little short half beep. The last beep sounds like its cuts off halfway. Im just assuming thats a 2-1 code. But ive run this motor twice since i had it. So if the throttle position sensor was bad wouldnt it just be bad. Or could it have intermittent service. Idk.

Ok ive swapped out my throttle position sensor with 3 different ones and im still getting the same code. Does anyone have any ideas.

Back