Logo

2018 DF60 cranks wont start

DavidAnson

Engine will crank but not start.
Replaced water separator.
Replaced fuel filter.
Cleaned and tested injectors.
Replaced plugs and made sure I had spark.
Ran a fuel line from an extra tank I had straight to the outboards fuel filter. Primed and nothing.
i Am stumped and my local shops are backed up 4-6 weeks. Any ideas what could cause this? It will run if I shoot atarter fluid into the air intake until it burns it off. Thanks I’m advance

Is the fuel getting to the injectors? I believe there is a drain bolt on the bottom of the fuel rail. (There is on mine) After pressuring up the fuel system open the bolt a very little bit and see if you get fuel. Lots of rags and safety glasses. I’m checking if fuel is getting through the VST. Unless Suzuki has changed design your fuel comes from the tank through a filter into a low pressure pump, from there the fuel is pumped into the VST. The fuel level in the VST is controlled by a float and needle valve. There is a filter before the fuel enters the high pressure pump, on some models it’s on the pump itself and some models it’s a separate filter so I’ve been told. To my understanding the high pressure filter is inside the VST. You will have to research your engine. I’m assuming you’re not getting any codes or you would have mentioned that.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuk...inning-vin-06003f-810001/fuel-vapor-separator

Your high pressure fuel filter is integral. Part #20. I wouldn’t tear into the VST unless every fuel component has been checked out first. A fuel pressure test would be a good place to start. From my service manual (2009 DF90A) fuel pressure specification is 36psi, different engine than yours but I’m ASSUMING yours would be the same. You’ll have to verify 36psi for your engine.

Yes pulled it and fuel is getting to the injectors. Drained it put it back together and tried to start it. Pulled the plugs and they were dry. Pulled the rail just to make sure and it was full of fuel. Is their a sensor keeping it from firing?

Back