Logo

9.9 2 stroke carb upgrade to 15 hp

Dog Boss

Howdy,

Im a newbie here. I just bought a 9.9 hp 2 stroke #0b103363. I want to do the carb upgrade to the 15hp carb. I called my boat guy and their are several listed for the 15 hp 2 stroke carb. Im looking for the correct carb number that will work. thanks

Are you and the " boat guy " absolutely sure that the 9.9 HP and 15 HP have the same bore / stroke for your model year ?----Best to look this up I say.

Howdy,

Im a newbie here. I just bought a 9.9 hp 2 stroke #0b103363. I want to do the carb upgrade to the 15hp carb. I called my boat guy and their are several listed for the 15 hp 2 stroke carb. Im looking for the correct carb number that will work. thanks
I do not believe that will work on your motor.

Thanks for the responses. To be clear I am simply asking question. Can that upgrade be done and has anyone done it. I found another forum with an older post that references a similar serial number and year to mine and the carb swap was completed. below is part of the right up.

Anyway, the part number for the 15 Carb for your serial number group is 1392-9726T19 (1392-9726A3 old number), its a WMC 39 using a .066 main jet.

Thanks for the responses. To be clear I am simply asking question. Can that upgrade be done and has anyone done it. I found another forum with an older post that references a similar serial number and year to mine and the carb swap was completed. below is part of the right up.

Anyway, the part number for the 15 Carb for your serial number group is 1392-9726T19 (1392-9726A3 old number), its a WMC 39 using a .066 main jet.

Your serial # puts that motor in the mid 80s. That means your motor uses the 6/8/9.9 hp block which is around 10 cid. The 15 hp uses a 15 cid block not the same. In the mid 90s the 9.9 got the 15 hp block.

Your serial # puts that motor in the mid 80s. That means your motor uses the 6/8/9.9 hp block which is around 10 cid. The 15 hp uses a 15 cid block not the same. In the mid 90s the 9.9 got the 15 hp block.

Thank you very much. That is what is was after. Makes sense. I believe the engine is an 1986...thanks again. Plus the carb that my research was pointing to is 400 deer. Not worth it. Thanks again for your help

Back