Logo

Rollers and/or Bunks????

bmccune

Hello,
Have a 16' Lowe Aluminum V bottom boat with a 50 hp motor. The trailer that cam with it is my question, appears to be homemade for it. Trailer is fine works fine just needing to replace some things. My question is this. It has Bunks that go about 1/2 of the boat length and also has 3 rollers done the middle 1 up front, 1 in the middle and 1 on the end. These rollers/brackets have rusted out (welded on). My question is do I need the middle and end one, know the front one is needed as it is on the winch part but the middle and end one once boat is loaded it is on the bunks so I do not understand why they are there in the 1st place unless I am missing the reason... No problem replacing the bunks and really not a big deal to repair/re weld the V rollers just do not really know if they are needed for this application... Enlightening me please with the reason for them..
Thanks

Yes you need these rollers when guiding the boat on and off. They take the weight of the bow and keel.

Ayuh,..... As noted above, those rollers keep the bow from smashin' into the frame when loadin', 'n unloadin',......

Back