Logo

2014 Mercruiser 5.7L Water Leak- please help

BroJames

Found a small water leak in a T fitting way down low in the engine compartment on the oil filter side. This T has 3 rubber hoses attached with some sort of metal hose clamps that I am not familiar with. It is not the typical hose clamp with the screwed tightener. The T is difficult to see and difficult to get any tool down there to do anything. Anyone know what type of clamp I am seeing and how to work with it? Don’t know how to attach a pic but the hose clamps just look like metal bands.

Live north of Houston. Temperatures have gotten as low as 26 for a few hours several times this winter but not as cold as previous winters. I drained the water by pulling the 5 plastic blue plugs before winter. I see there are other hose clamps like shark bite and Single Ear. Do you think it could be one of those? Can I tighten them up with a special tool? Do you think the plastic T could be cracked? Thanks!

Live north of Houston. Temperatures have gotten as low as 26 for a few hours several times this winter but not as cold as previous winters. I drained the water by pulling the 5 plastic blue plugs before winter. I see there are other hose clamps like shark bite and Single Ear. Do you think it could be one of those? Can I tighten them up with a special tool? Do you think the plastic T could be cracked? Thanks!

26 with the wind blowing will freeze suspended fittings with water in them. I cracked an exhaust manifold towing my boat back from Key West in Feb 2004. Only a few hours in the cold....

They are called oetiker clamps, They are set and should never be an issue... I asked about the cold for the only reason this would leak is from a plastic fitting freezing and cracking.

Last edited:
Back