Logo

1985 Force 85 HP blue coil

Not really.
The black is the updated/better version.
The difference is the black pack is better than the blue.
They changed the connectors so they wouldn't be changed.
But cutting them off and using a butt connector solved that problem.
Myself, I've never seen any difference in performance.
In over 35 years I've only found 1 coil to go bad.

The 85 pack/ coils had the plug in connectors and they were a bigger problem than the rest of the parts.
The trigger wires were the biggest problem as they were very skinny and broke.

I have change new trigger new CD module and the mid coil is working when I switch with top coil but still get no spark on mid cylinder any one know why,

I haven't checked the compression yet, the fuel pump is new, the boat can go up to 40mph, I was wondering why the 2nd cylinder get no spark

IF??? your doing 40 mph then I'd bet your getting spark.
Running on 2 cyl. and 40 mph???
This motor is hard to start and misses and has poor performance IF?? it even starts.
How are you testing spark??
I use one like this:
shopping

yes I test spark on top middle and bottom cylinder with tester below, the middle cylinder get no spark, and when I pull the spark plug wire one by one and the top and bottom cylinder make the motor run very rough, on the mid cylinder didn't make any different , it always start but run okay it will run good after awhile, I check all the wire connection is all tight, when changing the trigger I saw one of the stator wire is burn and the voltage is 16 volt will that affect the cd module? in ocean the boat will go 37 mph and in lake it will go 40mph but only when if she wanted to, LOL

https://www.harborfreight.com/in-line-spark-checker-63590.html
Untitled.jpg

Do the starting fluid test?
Start motor, at idle spray starting fluid around the intake side of the motor.
That included the 2 port covers under the packs and coils.
If the spraying makes any difference in the way the motor runs then there's probably a gasket bad
and the motors sucking air???

Back