Logo

Gas squirts out from carburetor when primed

Denise99

Hi guys! I have a Mariner magnum 40 - when I squeeze the primer bulb gas squirts out of a screw on the front of the carburetor. See photo(the arrow points to the brass looking screw)
What needs to be adjusted?:)

Attachments

• 4172.jpg
    4172.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 35
Lmao...you are kidding right?
Do you say that to everyone who asks a question? I noticed you haven't told anyone else to read books or manuals.
This is a BOAT REPAIR FORUM where people ask questions...

Please don't respond to anything else I post. You should read some book on how to be cordial.

Last edited:
Post # 2 is a proper response to the problem of leakage.-----Sorry, you indicate that you have no knowledge of the workings of these motors.

Post #2 was a correct answer to your fuel leakage problem.
Your 2nd Q showed that unfortunately you do not understand even the very basics of how an internal combustion engine works.
Without that basic knowledge, there is no point in trying to type a post that will help you, hence the advice to either do some research,(reading), or find a marine shop to do the work.
Your compression Q is akin to saying, “ I have a flat tire, could this problem be why my air conditioning doesn’t cool?”
There is wealth of people here, each with dozens of years hands on experience. If they tell you to learn the basics first, you should do that.
A non mechanical analogy might be you are wanting to study the founding of your Country, but cannot read.
You would be advised to first become literate, without that basic start, no one could help you.
As suggested, a few hours of reading & Youtube would be of immense value. Even if it results in deciding the work is beyond your skill level, at least one might have some understanding of what the shop technician tells you.

In many parts of the world kids take driving lessons from about age of 3 years.-----They sit in the car and learn as they watch mom or dad drive / navigate the roads.-----Fairly easy to get into a car and roar off after pushing a button.------If you are looking at your first boat and motor you have to take the time to learn the basics of starting a 2 stroke ( older ) motor and operating a boat.

Back