Logo

Probably not the first marine diagnostics tool thread

Cookesmarine

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but things change every year in the realm of marine diagnostics tools.

I'm a one-man mobile marine service and I've typically been able to get by without my own diagnostics software (borrowing a tool from a business that subs me work once or twice a year) but every year my clientele grows and grows into a higher end market with newer boats and the need for my own tool is evident.

I've used diacom which has been fine so thats what I planned to buy, but there are certain things that it can't do so my search has broadened. I've been looking into more expensive packages like TEXA or Cojali Jaltest which are big bucks that I am willing to spend but I'm trying to get some feedback before I pull the trigger. Most information that I find on the two are related to industrial/agricultural/highway diagnostics which is cool that they can do all that but I need feedback from the marine world.

Has anyone used any of these kits or recommend other options? Diacom is cheaper so I could potentially invest in diacom plus another tool to cover other motors. I mainly do gas engines, inboard outboards and I/O's. I run into the occasional PWC but I don't particularly desire the capability to do diagnostics on them although it's never bad to have the option. I do the occasional diesel but haven't needed to do diagnostics on one *yet*

TiA

Back