Logo

Is my boat sitting too low in the water??

Blackie323

Hi all and thanks in advance for all the responses.
I recently purchased a 1986 sea nymph stinger 506 which is powered by a 115hp mercury optimax.
just wondered if anyone thinks I’m sitting too low at the back?

I can’t seem to get any photos to upload so I’ll work on that but at idle and and at low speeds the water level is above the engine well drain holes. And sits roughly 120mm off the lowest point on engine well. The boat sits like this at idle and at low speeds until up on a plane and then it looks fine. I know this is part of the design of these deep engine wells but just thought it was a little off, my old boat never sat that low even loaded up with people.

there was just 2 of us on board with a battery and 40odd litres of fuel in the back.
The boat has enough seats for 6 people so would like to get that many in if I had to but unsure with how it sat with only 2.

I have rung around a few boat shops and most people are saying that it’s fine and that’s just how this type of hull along with the sea nymph hustler sits in the water

I’m just learning with boats I know a bit but not much but I atleast know to distribute the weight as best I can so would do that if I had some fat arses on the boat.

I’m pretty sure the engine is not too big for the boat.

what do you all think?

thanks again for any response

cheers,

sam

image1.jpegimage0.jpeg
Managed to upload some photos...

As you can see the water is sitting pretty high up towards the engine well. Boat performed well just hoping that its all good and just the way the hull sits.

Thanks all.

I was trying to dig up some old pictures, but they're not digital and a little difficult to search through. While there are many boats that do sit that low, I had a 90 Stinger, and the only time mine sat that low was when I had the fat sacks I installed filled to create wake for wakeboarding and I had a 90hp. I don't think I'd feel comfortable reversing that ;)

Back