Logo

johnson 100 hp 1985 i can't find parts for this model SJ100WTPLP

Diego padilla

I just purchased a 100 hp johnson 1985 engine the model indicates sj100wtplp but i cannot find the part numbers that correspond to this model, how can i find the right part numbers? Or with which other model would it be compatible?, thank you for your help
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 5.05.03 PM.jpeg

That is marketed as a " commercial model"------But that means it did not have trim and tilt.----Did not have oil injection.-----Perhaps no electric start.-------So I say that most parts are the same as the 90 HP and 115 HP models for 1985 and many other years.----Helps if you post the parts your are looking for.-----Not a mystery to me here.-----Your location ?

And it may well be a limited production model for SOUTH AMERICA with -----electric start power trim and tilt.-----And with a chrome ( severe duty ) water pump.------There should not be a challenge to find parts,.-----

Last edited:
That is marketed as a " commercial model"------But that means it did not have trim and tilt.----Did not have oil injection.-----Perhaps no electric start.-------So I say that most parts are the same as the 90 HP and 115 HP models for 1985 and many other years.----Helps if you post the parts your are looking for.-----Not a mystery to me here.-----Your location ?

i am looking for the water pump kit and the carburetor rebuild kit I'm from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. For that reason, the easiest way to get parts for me is on eBay or Amazon, so I've been looking for the carburetor kit, it would be part number 0439076 Johnson, and the water pump kit would be OEM #5001594 or sierra marine 18-3392 but not sure these are the correct parts

Carburetor kit fits.-----But some of these " online " kits are not the same as factory original.---Some use poor quality rubber that does not stand up well.------If it does have the heavy duty water pump kit ( hard chromed ) you might just need the impeller.-------Some will argue , but if you just bought this motor you should do a compression test before spending any pesos on it !!----Does this motor start and run properly ?-----Any more pictures of the engine with cowling off ?

Last edited:
Parts for this motor are listed under the 100W commercial models.-----Your WTPLP may have been a very , very limited production run.----So not deemed worth making a listing for it.-----A dealer would know this.-----The clerk at Amazon would not know.

Back