Logo

Is Minn Kota the best trolling motor brand?

JeremyStadnik68

I've been doing some research, looking for a trolling motor.

Without a doubt, the name Minn Kota goes hand in hand with trolling motors. Was doing some research on them... been around since the 30s, first trolling motor company, first to pioneer all sorts of features into the trolling motors: https://citimarinestore.com/citigui...tors-about-minn-kota-reviews-selection-guide/

However, I see quite a few mentions of other brands, including Rhodan. According to some, Rhodans are superior motors, according to others, they're not used by real fishermen and can't put up with heavy use.

What would you guys say is the best brand of trolling motor, and why?

Much appreciate any input.

Welcome, I am a lifetime Minnesota boy. Used Minn Kota my whole life. I know a veteran worker there who comes up to fish with us in Lake Superior rivers. I assure you, they are the very best. Choose a model, and I will see if my price is better than yours. Take care, Tim Duluth MN.

Thank you timguy.

I'll take your word for it. I'll be going with Minn Kota.

I appreciate the offer. Will do a bit of research and see which one I decide on.

Okay, I will keep my eye on this thread. -17 this morning. Gonna hang in the weeds here, near the coffee pot for awhile. Got a load of firewood to deliver later, why do folks wait for it to turn fridgid to order wood?

Back