Logo

1971 60esl71c hassle

abcjoyride

Contributing Member
Hi,
I was out just above idle speed after putting out a dredge for scallops. Motor had been running well till this point. As i tied off the rope for the scallop dredge i snapped the key off out of the power safety switch. This caused a disconnect between the battery positive and the engine.
The engine kept running normally at just above idle for about 30 seconds then died.
Tried to start. Dead. Found snapped off safety switch key and re engaged the connection between the battery positive and the engine. Cranked over easily but would not fire.
Took the boat home. Engine cover off tried to start. Nothing. Cranks over easily. Checked fuse. Good. Bench tested regulator/recifier. Good. Took fly wheel off, checked adjusted points. Good. No breaks, nothing burnt out. Checked plugs. Good. Checked leads. Good. Stator checked out for continuity.
Absolutely no spark. Had a CDI 113-7123 amp. Used to make high pitch whine when ignition key on. Now makes no sound.
I took blue wire off bus bar, connected light to it and ground with key on. Nothing. Disconnected black/white wire and grounded. Nothing. Is my amp stuffed?
Because if i connect a light between the black/white wire coming from the amp and ground with key on i get a light. (Im a bit confused, am i just reading the 12v thru the amp? Will a stuffed amp still do that?)
Thanks

Back