Logo

Help identifying leak.

Tnduck

2 stroke 40 horse outboard marine corporation. Not sure If evinrude or johnson as the motor was painted by the previous owner. I usually keep it outside but put it in the shop to do some rewiring of the lights and noticed this fluid dripping out.

You have to post a few more times then it will allow to post pictures.-----Is this leak a milky , gray looking sludge at the prop ?-----If you just bought this motor then post compression test values.-----And install a new water pump impeller before your first fishing trip.

No it's not in the foot of the motor but rather what I believe would be the bottom of the midsection. The fluid is thick and black (I'm leaning towards oil but it's much thicker than I've ever seen) coming out of a hole on the opposite side of the shaft than the prop. I've owned the boat a couple years now and haven't had any issues with it. I will say the last time I used it I mixed the gas way too rich in my haste to get to the duck blind. Not sure If that would cause an accumulation of sludge or not

Yes, that could be it too much oil in mix.
In order to post pictures, they have to be less than 1000k.

Back