Logo

New here!

Papa-t

Just purchased a new Mercury 6hp four stroke. Going to use it on a new Sea Eagle FKS 16 inflatable. Been years since I owned a boat. Last was a 17’ Scout center console with a 40hp Mercury. The reason I’m going with an inflatable is I vacation at the coast each year for the entire months of April and October and fish the sound for trout and reds. I pull a fifth wheel camper. Have used kayaks with 3HP motor for the past 7 years. Sold out the kayaks and small motor. Did purchase a six year warranty on the inflatable. Hopefully, all will work out well.

I read somewhere, I thought on this forum but can’t find the post, your engine is manufactured by Tohatsu for Mercury. I’ve owned Nissan vehicles and based on my experience with their automobiles I’m confident you’ll be happy with the purchase.

Welcome Papa. Yes very enjoyable way to fish. "KIS"....keep it simple! That's from my boss who rebuilds huge ship engines. Lennart is a Swedish immigrant, been here over 40 years. Great advice. Yes Tohatsu, for years and years, has been connected with Honda. Very fine motors. I'll take em over many high priced Yamahas. Parts can be a little expensive, but keep it rinsed out well, use protecting spray products. I have a wooden boat in the Philippines, and it's a constant maintenance thing....you must know for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-111730~2.png
    Screenshot_20220105-111730~2.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
We’ll like a friend of mine that works on chainsaws and small engines said. A guy told him he only wanted USA parts when fixing his chainsaw. He told him; I guess you don’t want it fixed then!

What the hell happened here? Seems it wasn't too many years back, I could go to the shop and buy US made parts for my Homelite. Now I either gotta fabricate parts or go buy another saw. The new saws are so full of safety features for idiots, you can hardly get em to cut. They tell YOU what to do, just like the new cars and trucks. Guess I'm stuck in the dark ages, brother.

Back