Logo

1976? 50hp electro shift - terminal block wiring

Sorry to hear about the Covid.-------Had a family member in ICU on ventilator for 3 weeks.----Is now at home after making " miraculous " recovery.----Hopefully your local health care know the best path for recovery.

thanks- yes def need to nail this motor down.. Yep some horror stories re covid- wife and I are in the Lords hands, and have pretty ok health so hopefully we will be ok. Kind of glad to get it and get the antibodies, we arent super sold on the vacs..

and of course the shop stands still when im in bed!

so despite the mystery of the weird diagram i will do some tests when im back up and have time for it, have to refresh a 350, build a 383, replace cam on a 140, weld racks for parts, rebuild a suzuki 300 powerhead and its a daily struggle finding space on all the work tables :/

Are you still able to find old 400 blocks? Ran a small machine shop for a couple years, but couldn't tolerate my partner brothers BS. We built alot of dirt track motors, primarily Chevy. Ford's are mostly too expensive for these guys racing up here, but they are very fast. Love the 360 Mopar too, fast but expensive to build. Just learn as you go. I fall back on Chevy, cheap and reliable horsepower.

Last edited:
nope- most marine small blocks are chevy L31 and older 2pc rear blocks- some inline 4's (industrial GM motors) and v6 chevies. Some fords but few.. i just buy complete rotating assemblies pre balanced-

agreed - just cant beat a chevy for price and availability..

Back