Logo

Honda Speedo Help

HGR

Hey team. Hoping I can get a bit of assistance with the speedo on my 2004 Honda 225hp. I have these mounted as a pair. The engines are new to me, sat in storage for ages and are 230 hours young. The PO removed them and labeled some things, but not all things.

I have run all of the electrical rigging forward and both tachs working and the speedo comes on but does not display any fuel related data. I've only found one plug that it will plug into. The wire colours match up so assuming that it's correct. The speedo has a 6 pin plug, 5 of which are used, an orange lead and a black lead which are all plugged in. There is an additional black lead which looks like a small comms cable with a 4 pin plug, a pink lead, and a pink/black lead which I've not found a connection for.

Worth noting that the pitot seems clogged somewhere so chasing that and assuming that's why my speed is not working. I suspected the fuel burn would work though since it should just be reading off of the ECM.

Last but not least, with twins, should the speedo show data for the engines combined or will it only show for one and I need to double?

IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3355.JPG

No help I'm afraid, but watching with interest as I have a digital speedo I'd like to get working - I don't have the correct wiring loom for it yet.

Back