Logo

Help

Neb1977

My 2000 50hp Evinrude I'm having problem with carburators it acts like it's starving for gas I choke hold my hand in front of the top carb and it wants to run little better but if I hold my hand in front of the bottom carb it makes no difference I can't even choke the bottom carb at all it makes no difference
Any help would be appreciated

Post the results of a compression test.----And does spark jump a gap of 3/8" or more on bottom cylinder ?---Possibly there is a blocked high speed jet or no fuel in bottom carburetor.---Stop running it as a blocked carburetor can cause damage.------Should be easy to figure out.

Post the results of a compression test.----And does spark jump a gap of 3/8" or more on bottom cylinder ?---Possibly there is a blocked high speed jet or no fuel in bottom carburetor.---Stop running it as a blocked carburetor can cause damage.------Should be easy to figure out.

It's getting gas to the carb I don't understand cause I can hold my hand all the way over it and doesnt change the way the motor runs at all it has new coil new plugs new fuel pump

It can't be getting gas to carb, if it doesn't change when you plug the intake, unless there is no spark on the lower cylinder. If you can do a spark test, checking with a simple device like a #2 phillips screwdriver pushed directly into the spark plug boot. Next have a helper crank motor while you carefully hold the shank of the screwdriver about 3/8 to 1/2 inch from a ground, like a headbolt. Make sure there is no gas, or gas fumes around the testing area. You should be in an open area with good ventilation. Racer can be blunt, but he is a top notch tech. If you follow his advice, we can easily diagnose your 50 horse.
You should move thread to the main forum. You started it in the propellers department.

Last edited:
Back