Logo

Rinker 360 with Mercruiser 496 twins with Bravo 3's

tricountytrail

Thinking my adjusting my bravo 3 tilt trim limit pin to get a benefit from having the bushing in the trim max-in position as is standard with the Bravo I. My boat seams to be riding bow high and I have to add trim with the tabs to keep the bow down unless I'm in the upper engine rpms. I believe I will be able to have a much better ride and even lower my cruise speed and rpm. any thoughts or anyone with a similar situation?

Bow-down equals more wetted surface, so I'm not sure how you figure it's gonna plane better that way. You're making the boat dig into a hole it's trying to climb out of.

Too much trim-in can cause the boat to flip on to its side. Mercruiser has a warning in the manual about that. Just use the factory recommended settings.

You can experiment with the "Celery Stalk" on the aft trim pin. Move the stalk to the front. If it doesn't help put it back the way you found it...

Too much trim down will cause bow steer... The issue is there is no correct or incorrect position for the spacer, as we call it, "Celery Stalk"....

Some hulls have them aft some have them Fwd.

My 19 footer suddenly developed a case of bow high trim, causing it to porpoise even with the lower unit trimmed all the way in. (Boat may have sat on the trailer too long, or incorrectly.) I cured that issue with a homemade trim tab that replaced the sacrificial tab (boat has power steering).

I'm not suggesting you do that, but if the bow is running way too high, which I suspect it is, then that is both dangerous and uncomfortable.

Jeff

[FONT=&quot]After talking with alot of people, I was told Rinker designed the boats so the bravo three engines trim in inserts are in the Bravo one two (forward position). This would make total sense in what is happening on my vessel. Someone after servicing the drive, (before I purchased it I do all my own work).[/FONT]

Back