Logo

What is the best way.

No, I was not doing the start procedure correctly. I was not holding the key in until the engine started. I was pushing the key in before cranking. Also was not holding it in untill it started. I would release it while I was cranking it. It was in the mid 40s yesterday and it fired right up. Again thanks to everyone for the help.

What do you think of the dealer now that seemed to indicate that it was too cold for it to start properly ?-----They did take some of your beer tokens.-------

Ha! It's really quite surprising how many folks don't use proper starting procedures. Good call, Racer.

Yeah. They did take some tokens. But my vro was bad it was actually pumping way to much oil and the stator was not charging. So I guess it was all good. I am just glad the engine is reliable again and I did not spend anymore money on it thanks to you guys.

Yeah. They did take some tokens. But my vro was bad it was actually pumping way to much oil and the stator was not charging. So I guess it was all good. I am just glad the engine is reliable again and I did not spend anymore money on it thanks to you guys.

Next job, get rid of the VRO.

Note: The VRO's are often to blame for the overloading symptom....why? If it injects oil while boat is not running, the vent for the oil reservoir my be stuck. It is in the cap. You can actually open up the cap and remove the wee vent valve, and little spring. It really isn't needed unless you expect water up over the top of the reservoir. I have fixed many VRO's with this symptom in this way. The motor will experience heavy smoke when first fired up and until underway. Once running, and the oil reservoir pressure is stabilized, the system will function properly. The VRO itself is not at fault. Use of ethanol can destroy VRO's. Replacement models are marked "ethanol resistant". Take that with a "grain of salt".

Here is the problem, I keep em in a pill bottle, not in the oil cap.

Attachments

• IMG_20200522_221333290_compress89.jpg
    IMG_20200522_221333290_compress89.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Yeah, I get it but the vro was bad. I am going to repower this winter and I did not want to sell this engine and the next person have issues. I wanted it fixed so the next owner will have no issues. Again thanks for the help.

Back