Logo

2012? BF225 blowing fuse #11

trukogre

Not sure what year it is exactly, I googled the model number on the frame plate and that comes up with 2004. The fuse box is the kind where the farthest left fuse is #11, a 15 amp fuse, and I'm pretty sure that's a much newer engine maybe around 2012, so this boat has been repowered and the frame plate not changed.

As soon as the ignition key is turned, this #11 15A fuse instantly blows with a bright flash. Does anyone know which systems this fuse powers? Perhaps a link to a wiring diagram? Yes, I know, time to order a service manual. Any recommendations there as well?

With this fuse blown, the engine still cranks but will not start.

Thanks in advance

Ditto what Chawk said, you are not making sense, there is no #11 on any of the models, perhaps put up a photo indicating which fuse. There should only be two 15amp fuses and they protect the ignition coil circuit and ECM/ injector feed.Perhaps an incorrect fuse has been installed. Firstly we need to know what motor you have or a photo of the fuse box.

The only manual worth buying comes from HONDA. I have provided a link below.

But there is an A model and a D model so you need to know which one you have. You indicated that the powerhead may have been retrofitted with a newer model and that seems to maybe have changed a few things? I don't know.

There's only two 15amp fuses on the A model as chawk_man's pdf indicates. Both of them "fed" via the main relay.

One (#4) supplies power to the ECM and fuel injectors. The other (#6) supplies power to the ignition coils.

One thing you could try that's quick is to unplug the injectors and the coils to see if one of those is causing the fuse to blow. Hopefully you can get to those connectors without having to go through too many contortions.

Good luck.

https://publications.powerequipment.honda.com/marine

Ahhh, so....my ignorance shines brightly once again! Yes, I saw all the "K"' references but didn't make the connection. But, that's why the forum has an "A" team of it's own!.... To keep me in line ;>).

Thanks for the clarification chawk!

Back