Logo

Crusader 305XL unplugged harness connectors

ofer

I have a Crusader 305XL that I am getting ready to run for the first time since I bought it. I have two connectors that right now are not connected to anything. One with a single purple wire and one with a ground (black) and purple/white wires. Any idea if it needs to be connected to anything, or are they diagnostics connectors?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6409.jpg
    IMG_6409.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 82
In the world of marine wiring, purple usually is for trim. This may be for a trim gauge on your dash or something like that. I'm not a Crusader person, so don't take my word. Go find the wiring diagram for your engine and look for it.

not really, PUR is for the ignition (primary side).

PUR/WHT - in the early MEFI harnesses - is for one of the distributor connections between the ECU and the EST module.

There were a LOT of changes back in the mid-90's with the introduction of MEFI and the options it offers. Besides new connectors, some wiring colors changed. I wouldn't worry about the 'floating' connectors because there numbers keep growing. Many are for different installation options and all aren't shown in the OEM literature.

Back