Logo

1995 efi 200

Rscottdds

Regular Contributor
Got this message from my son who took our boat out yesterday. Any ideas what the problem might be?

“Started fine in the morning both tanks about half full. Smokes like crazy tho at first. Drove around for a bit fairly slow speeds, once I got up past 30mph or so it would very quickly stop and then pick back up again, would do that two or three times within 10 sec then kept running fine.

Probably 1hour later if running fine we were trolling just in gear for a while and it stalled completely and wouldn’t start again for about 20min. I’d try to crank it for 5min or so intermittently and then let it sit, battery was cranking it really well tried giving it Gas in neutral a couple times.

Switched tanks and seemed to do good once we got the other sides fuel out of the line. But it died again after another hour or two did this to us maybe 3 times throughout the day. We were trolling with the electric a lot in between running. At the very end we were close to harbor couldn’t start it so just came in on the electric.

If I heard it start to stall I could sometimes give it enough throttle to run smooth again.”

Back