Logo

Decarbonizing Motors and Cooling System Repairs

At least they start and idle at the proper temperature now!!! Anyway, a boat shop mechanic told me 50 h.p. is fine for light cruising in that boat. I also got the 85 h.p. Evinrude for a second motor. I doubt you outrank a boat shop supervisor.received_1379713295721072.jpeg

At least they start and idle at the proper temperature now!!! Anyway, a boat shop mechanic told me 50 h.p. is fine for light cruising in that boat. I also got the 85 h.p. Evinrude for a second motor. I doubt you outrank a boat shop supervisor.View attachment 28011
I don't need to be a shop manager to see that boat is underpowered, and the fact he didn't makes him suspect. Get a tach and prop it correctly or you will be back here asking what happened

"Fl....scott" , never liked your tone in this conversation. I don't need any more comments from you on my thread. So please desist. I'm fine with a difference of opinion.

"Fl....scott" , never liked your tone in this conversation. I don't need any more comments from you on my thread. So please desist. I'm fine with a difference of opinion.
Really? Let me tell you what your shop supervisor saw when he looked at that set up. He saw something he would never have to work on and told you what you wanted to hear. It is the nature of the beast with dealerships nowadays. Now if you knew as much as you thought you did you would know that lugging that motor or over propping it will kill it. You have really good ears to hear my tone over the internet. Those are all facts. You are here looking for free advice so at this point I am kind of wondering how much help your shop manager was?

Last edited:
Back