Logo

Honda BFP60A Will not restart after a hot soak until cooling down?

Azgdogg

I have a Honda BFP60A that starts and runs perfectly until you take it for a ride and it is fully warmed up, no fault lights and no alarms. The problem is after it is warmed up and shut down it will crank but not restart until it has cooled down adequately, about an hour. It then will restart and run fine again until turned off. Has anyone experienced this problem please? Thank you!

Thank you iang6766! I will check that first thing this am. Have not received a manual yet and trying to help a friend with this.I am a retired automotive and equipment mechanic is that vapor separator easily identified? Will take a look. Thank you again!

So...I was able to get to the boat this morning. Was able to verify no restriction through the fuel vapor separator and lines. After questioning my friend again he states that the engine will start and run but then stalls when you try to accelerate after being shut down fully warmed up. Will research the forums again....

Did you check the water lines aswell as blow through the plastic water cooling jacket on the side of the vapour separator? If your cooler is okay, then the next step is to remove the high pressure fuel pump from the vapour seperator and check the top hat shaped grommet connecting the pump to the outlet to the fuel rail

Did you check the water lines aswell as blow through the plastic water cooling jacket on the side of the vapour separator? If your cooler is okay, then the next step is to remove the high pressure fuel pump from the vapour seperator and check the top hat shaped grommet connecting the pump to the outlet to the fuel rail

What specifically am I looking for please?

Back