Logo

2004 vp 5.7 gi-d 3869220. 4012091342

Fogy

Hello all! Bad way to start but need some help!
After a trouble free boating season (only had to change fuel pump relay), went to fire up the engine and could not get it to start. nothing even close ... seems like there is no fire going on. Here are the facts thus far:
-when ignition is turned on, the fuel pump pressurizes in the first 2 seconds.
- I have spark at the wire leading into the distributor
- I have 50 PSI at the schrader fitting on the injector railing when I turn the ignition on without cranking
- I have ZERO pressure at the low pressure cell on the schrader fitting
- no paint chips on the fuel filter
- no dirt or obstructions visible on the fuel pressure regulator
- distributor cap and rotor are dry and appear OK
- the fuses appear good
Not sure if the ignition relay has a dual purpose… both ignition and fuel.. note: I did have spark at lead to the distributor.
it seems that I’m getting fuel up to the injectors (50 PSI) but not able to fire it up. Am I missing another fuse or something?
Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
i would start by pulling a couple of plug wires and make sure the spark is getting to the plugs....a clip on timing light is a viable alternative.

If the spark is good, make sure there is fuel in the rail.

Do you have Rinda software. What codes are you tripping? You can read codes with ignition on, engine not running. Maybe look at reluctor (cam position sensor).

Ignition relay? What about condition of system wires? Are they in good condition? If you wiggle harness, is there any change?

Last edited:
i would start by pulling a couple of plug wires and make sure the spark is getting to the plugs....a clip on timing light is a viable alternative.

If the spark is good, make sure there is fuel in the rail.
X 2 on this check for good strong spark at plugs. could be as simple as failed cap and rotor. This is helpful for testing spark strength https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...type=pla&product_channel=local&store_code=639

shoot a bit of staring fluid in if you have spark at plugs if it coughs then you know its fuel or lack there of

Back