Logo

40 HP ELO 6E9-450911 Throttle Cables

BigBoat319

Hi all,

First post here, I've read many threads and you seem to be a pretty intelligent bunch. :) I have a very similar question to many others but I've searched online for far too long and I'm to the point where I want to give up. Trying to go out for a couple more times this year but I haven't found the answer to what I specifically need. I need to replace the throttle control cable and I can't figure out which one I need.

This is what I know...
  • ELO means Electric start, long shaft driveshaft housing, remote control-steering, 0il injection standard.
  • Based on the serial #, it should be year 1976.
  • Narrowed down the cables to be "Gen 1"

Can someone help me out?

-BigBoat

Attachments

• Serial #.PNG
    Serial #.PNG
    329.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Control Cable Side.jpg
    Control Cable Side.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Control Cable Top (2).PNG
    Control Cable Top (2).PNG
    827.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Find the teleflex cables that look like yours. The ones you have are aftermarket and may have a part # on them. They were used for a lot of years.

I do have some common sense and I am smart enough to look for a part # on every inch of the cable. I've researched online and this site for hours ans o cannot find what I need. I realize they are not the original cables but there are so many variations I don't know which ones to buy. The only thing I know for sure is that they are Gen 1 cables.

Well.----Blunt answer for you is ---Run to your local boat shop.----They will know what cables are used on the Mariner motors marketed by Brunswick ( AKA Mercury Marine )

Back