Logo

90 omc cobra 2.3l ground location

Lvolkey

Hey guys im curious if any of you know where this ground is supposed to be connected to. Its on the starboard side of the engine right above the starter. I just bought this boat and realized the other end of this ground isnt connected to anything. For some reason it won't let me attach a picture.

The battery negative, replace that cable with a new one and while you’re at it replace the positive one as well. On old boats you’ll find the corrosion travels up the battery cable from the terminals.

The battery negative, replace that cable with a new one and while you’re at it replace the positive one as well. On old boats you’ll find the corrosion travels up the battery cable from the terminals.

Louc, thank you for the reply, i already have a negative cable running to battery ground thats mounted to the engine in a different location on the port side i believe. I can look when i get home tonight and give you the exact location as to where its hooked up. Maybe the previous owner attached a new ground and just left the old to corrode in the engine bay. Both cables positive and negative look fairly new.

Back